ABOUT THE SCHOOL
More than 5 years ago we decided with my partner, Elisa, to start a project that made us very excited: to create a trail school in our town, Castellnou de Bages.
So, in September 2016, we started with Laia Diez Trail School.
We have children from 5 to 17 years old, and then we talk about the adult trail school. We divide the groups by levels, not by age, and we work according to the need of the child. Training days are Monday and Thursday from 6-7pm and 3pm and then we train with the adults from 7:30 pm-9pm.
The school is basically to foster different values of life, and the competition is run by those who ask for it.
Our philosophy consists of 5 pillars:
- Know, respect and love the mountain
- Respect and teamwork with colleagues
- Physical, mental and technical preparation of the race
- Guidance and self-reliance in the natural environment
- Good habits (nutrition, hydration and health)